2016 Cabernet Sauvignon
The Purple Squirrel ...
What in the wide, wide world of sports is a goin’ on here? I hired you people to sort these grapes, not to let every little varmint in the vineyard fall into the wine! Pay attention will ya?!! This Cabernet Sauvignon displays classic Cabernet characteristics – notes of plum, black current, blackberries – along with subtle hints of bell peppers, cedar and tobacco. It is medium-bodied, easy-drinking and dare we say playful? Despite the variety’s noble heritage, the screwcap makes it the perfect wine for Tuesday night meals, weekend hikes, tailgating and backyard cookouts with friends.
Regarding the crafting of this wine – the grapes were extensively sorted prior to gentle destemming and light crushing. Fermentation took place in temperaturecontrolled stainless steel tanks with twice-daily pumpovers to extract maximum flavor and color. A light touch of new French and American oak added just the right amount of complexity and about 5% Petite Sirah was blended with the Cabernet to add structure and additional depth.
We hope you enjoy this wine!
• 87% Jahant & Clements Hills – Lodi
• 13% Fair Play – El Dorado County
• September 22 & September 29, 2016
• Double-sorted, whole-berry destem, light crush, average of 14 days active fermentation in stainless steel tanks.
• Thirteen months in 10% new French and American oak, 90% neutral oak barrels • Malolactic fermentation completed in barrel
• Racked four times
• 15.0% ABV – pH 3.66 – TA 6.5 g/L – RS 0.4 g/L
330 CASES PRODUCED